IoT in medicine 1
February 20, 2018 5:14 am,
IoT in medicine 1
A term that identifies one of the key areas of innovative technology – the Internet of Things IoT-helps the objects share information through the World Wide Web in an automated mode. The concept of the IoT is based on “communicating” electronic devices among themselves without human assistance. Using TCP | IP (a packet of data transfer protocols) makes communication across a global network more accessible and allows you to consolidate systems among themselves, creating a network of networks. As a result, it is possible to change not only the business model of individual industries, but also the economics of entire states. IoT is used in agriculture, industry, finance, health care, and so forth.
IoT in medicine
The ability to allocate loads for medical equipment through IoT can reduce the queues in the diagnostic centers. The permanent stream of data provides a complete picture of the patient’s illness, allowing doctors to respond to any changes in a timely manner. Special devices measure important biometric data from patients and pass them to the cloud for processing and storage. In this way, the nurses visit the wards of patients who are in need at this time.
The use of artificial intelligence (AI) to diagnose pathologies can speed up diagnosis and make it as accurate as possible. Innovative development using AI in medicine:
- In September 2016 Beyond Verbal Israeli company presented the AI-based system. The development is capable of diagnosing a disease by voice.
- In February 2017, American experts presented the world with a wireless type device that controlled the health of athletes. The tool produces results based on the control of the electronic properties of the skin. Data is sent to a smartphone or tablet.
- Scientists from Perm, in May 2017, introduced a special system based on NeuroNet and a method of mathematical frosting to diagnose heart and vascular disease. This system is self-paced and capable of diagnosing itself. The process takes into account about 70 indicators.
- Chinese specialists once again marveled at the world popping the health sector with a unique system based on artificial intelligence that could diagnose clinical problems. In less than five seconds, it handles 100 stories of disease. The machine diagnosis is more accurate by an entire 20% than a doctor’s set.
Automatic diagnosis through Machine Learning will become a new step in the transformation of medicine throughout the world.
Treatment through the IoT
In order to make urgent assistance to the wounded on the battlefield, Israeli scientists developed a prototype of a bracelet with an NFC-chip. The device stores all the patient’s health information and a GPS map of the place where the soldier was injured.
Some more developments:
- A special sensor built into shoes is designed to remove leg pains and, in some cases, to completely heal the sick without medical intervention.
- Those who suffer from neuropathy of a peripheral type, which reduces the sensitivity of the legs, can use the sensors of the Ormyx company to control their disease. The systems alert patients about excessive foot pressure.
Through such developments, reliable data on the condition of the patient can be obtained as quickly as possible and an appropriate treatment provided. Creating a platform for block chain allows you to discuss your biometric parameters with an artificial intelligence medical specialist.
Remote patient monitoring
A special sensor developed by UCB and Byterfils – Sensor Pot – notifies patients of the upcoming epilepsy attack. A small band which in 2017 released the Band Aid company, connects to a network without wires, and is attached to a human body. It is used in difficult regions where it is hard to obtain prompt medical care. The appliance transmits the human health data to the cloud.
IoT is used for the speedy transportation of blood and medicines. Special drones are quickly coping with the challenge. Robotic surgical system takes part in operations. It has already accounted for about 500 successful operational interventions.
Block chain and IoT – what’s common?
Block chain is an extended database that is potentially accessible to everyone. There is no element of a centralized type in the system that could affect the management and operation of a block chain. It is recommended that you use blockchain to preserve and protect data in the IoT domain. Such a platform could be the CREDITS project, which, because of its unique technical characteristics, is well suited to the use of the IoT, in particular, in the medical sphere.
In DLT blockchain CREDITS will be possible to create really independent decentralised and separate services inside blockchain and smart contracts due to new new advanced features. Smart contracts of CREDITS platform really. The platform has the new technological capabilities of the network and has high speed and low transaction cost. The new algorithm was able to achieve a huge number of transactions per second with a minimal transaction commission. Up to 1 million transactions per second is likely to be the only market offer in that way.
CREDITS blockchain supports public and private networks, has a decentralized storage and a closed-type source code. How can the health system be improved by using the IoT on this platform:
- Ability to quickly receive and analyze patient health information through the transmission of data from the devices and chips that are in transplanted parts of the body.
- Patient is able to receive personalized treatment based on information about its biometric parameters, which are transmitted through digital devices.
- Ensuring the monitoring and management of medical assets.
- Ability to interact with the entire health system by connecting to the block chain of an individual medical device.
Using these innovative technologies, it is possible to improve the overall quality of life of patients, to track how the equipment is used, to provide home help to the patient. Block chain can literally save human life by ensuring that data about his or her health is medicated quickly.