Which HR functions are going to digitize first?
February 17, 2018 7:11 am,
“The future will be less about general skills and more about in-depth mastery,” says Linda Gratton in her bestselling book “The Shift: The Future of Work is Already Here.”
Opportunities for HR industry become genuinely limitless: routine and bureaucratic work can finally cease to occupy the time of HR specialists and give way to the primary function of HR — working directly with people. The role of HR managers is to see and to tell the business owners about new opportunities that are opened by new methods of managing people and technologies such as blockchain.
Digital transformation erases any barriers: physical, geographic, communication, hierarchical. It returns the HR specialist to the people in the organization, carries the primary function of integration and strategic development, and is the company’s DNA.
HR manager’s areas of responsibility
The responsibilities of a specialist who works with personnel are much broader than working with staff documentation and recruiting a new employee to the company.
The practice of hiring both a specialist of the personnel department and Human Resource manager is widely applied especially in huge corporations, as the scope of their duties is too broad for one person.
Specialists of the personnel department are qualified employees who specialize in the design of labor relations with employees:
- Conduct personnel records management,
- Prepare draft orders for staff,
- Formulate and conduct labor books for employees,
- Make reports, etc.
While HR managers work directly on labor relations:
- Conduct a primary assessment of candidates,
- Introduce the system of adaptation for beginners,
- Organize and conduct current evaluation of activities,
- Are engaged in training and development of personnel,
- Develop a system of motivation and incentives for employees,
- Form a corporate culture, etc.
However, in practice, HR specialist often combines these duties. To manage everything and stay emotionally healthy HR specialists can use modern technologies to reduce time spent on some tasks.
How blockchain technology can help HR specialists
There are several areas where blockchain can improve work of HR managers:
- Openness of the data leads to the solution of the problem with trust in the candidate’s words;
- Confirmed assessment of candidate skills clarify his/her real professional skills;
- An additional system of motivation (rating) creates the new method of self-motivation.
An aggregate system of the confirmation of job seekers professional skills solves all three problems. The new ecosystem, built on Ethereum blockchain, will avoid checking the data truthfulness in CVs, additional tasks for recruitment specialists and company managers.
A unified system for verification of employees’ skills will allow:
- Workers with good reputation, if necessary, find a job faster;
- Businesses save time and money when hiring new people;
- Objectively evaluate the competence and professionalism of people.
Aworker project creates a platform that will solve difficulties described above with the support of Ethereum blockchain. The primary goal of the project is to build a global system for assessing people’s professional skills and achievements in the workplace from any place in the world. It will help both job seekers and businesses to communicate more effectively in the interview.
Moreover, with the power of Ethereum smart contracts, people will be able to get an additional reward for the use of their data. We believe that with the help of blockchain, the recruitment industry will become more transparent for all parties.